We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI) by submitting a proposal for a research demonstration! SUI 2014 seeks research demonstrations from laboratories or research groups (academic, government, or industrial). This is your chance to fully engage SUI attendees at a personal level by letting them see and interact with your work. Demos should interest the broad SUI community and be presentable in a conference setting.
Submissions should address one or more of the following topics within spatial user interaction. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education.
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
All demo submissions must be prepared in the ACM SIG Proceedings format and submitted through the submission system http://precisionconference.com/~sui14. Please note that Option 1 (LaTeX2e - Strict Adherence to SIGS style) is mandatory!
Proposals should include:
- A one-page description of the demo in extended abstracts format. This description should include information about the system, installation, exhibit or performance, audience the work intends to serve, foreseen benefits to audience members, as well as the relevance and impact of the work to SUI community, emphasizing its novelty, uniqueness and rationale.
- A short paragraph description of the research lab itself.
- A brief video of the demo (URL to be included in the proposal – no files as attachments). The video should demonstrate how users will interact with their demo, layout and size, as well as any other relevant information about the demo.
- Supplementary materials should include a schematic of the layout (showing components such as projectors/cameras) of the demo. Please include what equipment you will be bringing and other equipment/materials you are requesting, although we cannot guarantee any equipment will be provided, there may be a possibility depending on availability, need, travel, etc.
Research demos must be submitted through the online submission system.
SUI 2014 accepted research demonstrations will be invited to participate in an exhibition of new and innovative work. The conference will provide basic infrastructure for the demos (space, a table, and power). In addition, authors of accepted demonstrations will have a time slot in the fast-forward Research Demonstration Session to communicate more general information about the specific demo and other work being performed at the lab.
For accepted demos, the proposal will be included in the proceedings and at least one author must register for the conference and host their demos during the demo session, lunch breaks and during all coffee breaks. If no author is registered by the early registration deadline, the accepted work will be withdrawn from the proceedings and digital libraries.
- Demos Proposal submission due: August 8, 2014
- Demos acceptance notification: August 15, 2014
- Final camera-ready demos proposals, video, and other materials: tba.