Papers & Notes
|● Submission Deadline||30 June 2017|
|● Author Notification||4 August 2017|
|● Camera Ready||11 August 2017|
We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction 2017 (SUI). SUI will be co-located with the ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces in Brighton, UK. We seek original, unpublished papers documenting original research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications, from all areas of spatial user interaction. User interface evaluations are strongly encouraged for every publication in this venue.
Specific topics of interest
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
Submitted papers should be anonymous for the double blind reviewing process, led by an international program committee. We strongly encourage you to not anonymise citations to your own works. These should not be omitted, but described as if these were any other related work. For example, you can write “In a study by Jones et al. ” instead of “In my previous work ”, with  listed in the references as “ Blank for review.”
This allows reviewers to explore all relevant literature. If citations to your own work were completely anonymised, by omitting the citation, reviewers would have no way of judging the extent of your new contribution, compared to previous relevant work. You will be able to change the wording of the citation for the camera-ready version.
Submissions must not be previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere and must not be submitted or under review by any other publication venue during SUI 2017’s reviewing period.
- Full papers (normally 8 pages, maximum 10)
should describe research or design work within the scope of spatial user interaction.
- Short papers (up to 4 pages)
should address the same topic, but may include preliminary results or conceptual ideas.
SUI 2017 will use the new beta version of the Precision Conference System, which will become operative as the deadline approaches.
All submissions should be prepared in the ACM SIG Proceedings format. Supplementary videos are strongly encouraged, but not required. Submissions should address one or more of the topics above within spatial user interaction. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome.
Accepted work will be archived in the ACM Digital Library, and will be provided as open-access for the first month following the symposium. Please note that at least one author of each accepted submission will be required to register to present at the symposium. If no author is registered by the early registration deadline, the accepted work will be withdrawn from the proceedings and digital libraries.
For each accepted paper, it is expected that at least one author will register for the conference and present the work.